A premenopausal stage is when you still have periods (whether they’re regular or irregular) and are in your reproductive years. During this peri-menopausal time, ovulation becomes irregular and menstrual periods can vary for individuals from heavy bleeding to being scanty and shorter in length. Eventually, ovulation and menses cease entirely. The premenopausal stage is when you still have periods (whether they’re regular or irregular) and are in your reproductive years.
On the other hand, during perimenopause women will start to experience symptoms of hot flashes, vaginal discharge, and dryness, mood swings, headaches etc. These symptoms can turn out to be quite annoying.
But, as a result of a lower level of estrogen, postmenopausal women are at increased risk for several health conditions, such as osteoporosis and heart disease.
Ayurveda's holistic lifestyle which includes a healthy diet, herbal capsules and extracts, daily yoga and meditation, can help women alleviate many of the discomforts of menopause and move through this natural stage of life with grace. Many women view menopause as the beginning of their elder years, a time rich in experience and wisdom.
Symptoms of Menopause
- The irregularity of periods is the main symptom
- Burning sensation during urination
- Heating sensation in upper body parts
- Night sweats in bed
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Unexpected Weight gain
- Hair loss
Herbal Remedies for Menopause
It calms the mind and shakes stress off of the body, thereby bringing a sense of rest to the overtaxed.
- It acts as an antioxidant and balances the vaginal pH levels.
- It relaxes the central nervous system and decreases hot flashes and night sweats.
- It reduces vaginal dryness.
- It reduces stress levels and enhances the immune system to function more efficiently.
- It increases strength and energy.
- It nourishes the female reproductive organs. This way it compensates for the depleting sex hormones during menopause. As a result, the recipients can continue to have a healthy sex life.
Maca Root powder or capsules is considered one of the world's natural “Superfoods." Maca root benefits:- hormone balance, energy, mood, the immune system.
- It helps to increase bone health
- It helps support mental health like mood fluctuations, cognitive functions, and memory issues.
- It helps to maintain the hair, skin and nail health
- It reduces hot flushes and night sweats
- It helps to treat heavy menstrual flow and erratic periods that women experience during menstruation.
- It helps to detoxify excess hormone which is needed during menopause
Lifestyle changes to help Menopause
- Regular exercise during menopause is very important as it can help to build bone mass, prevent weight gain and help in symptoms of stress and anxiety.
- Limiting caffeine, refined sugar, and alcohol can help tremendously in sailing through menopause.
Menopause is simply a transition, and like any other transition, disarray and discomfort arise simply because of imbalance in hormones. Let us join together in great health and dispel the discouraging negative connotations of menopause that send most women in our society into this phase feeling defeated before they even begin. To that end, follow the general guidelines in this article as a way of life, starting even in the earlier years of a woman's life. Enjoy the transition.